This delightful lemon cream with lemon curd recipe will enhance your spring and summer desserts and cakes. Perfect with used as cake filling or when dolloped on ice cream, pie, or fruit!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you happen to love lemon curd and whipping cream like I do, then you’ll love this creamy dreamy, lemony filling that’s perfect for spring and summer (or even cold winter months when you’re craving some sunshine!).
This light dessert recipe has the light and creamy consistency of whipped cream as well as also the distinctly sweet tart pucker of lemon curd. Delicious, not too sweet, and addictive! This combination definitely takes lemon curd to the next level. It’s made from all “real” ingredients. And a bonus — it just happens to be gluten-free!
Lemon cream with lemon curd has just two ingredients — lemon curd and whipping cream.
You can use store bought lemon curd or make it from scratch using my easy peasy lemon curd recipe. (Both a microwave and stovetop version are posted, and making homemade lemon curd is seriously faster than a grocery store run.)
How To Make It
This delightful dessert it super easy to make! Simply whip the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then, gently fold in the lemon curd. Add lemon zest if you like. That’s it!
There are so many ways to use this delicious lemon cream recipe:
- As a filling between cake layers
- Dolloped on fresh berries or sugared cranberries
- Or layered with berries and shortbread to make a parfait
- On top of a slice of pound cake
- By itself in a chilled bowl with crumbled graham crackers
- Spread on some sliced muffins or coffee cake for breakfast
- As a pie or tart filling
- In cream puffs
- On top of angel food cake
- As a crepe filling
- Even with pancakes!
You can make this lemon cream with lemon curd up to a day before you plan to serve, but don’t let it sit much longer than that as the curd and cream will separate, along with the liquids. Give it a good stir before serving.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Candied Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Easy Scotch Shortbread Fingers
- Ritz Carlton Lemon Pound Cake
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Sugared Cranberry Pound Cake
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
Lemon Cream with Lemon Curd
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup lemon curd store bought or homemade (My easy lemon curd recipe link is above.)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Chill medium sized mixing bowl for a few minutes.
- (Better not to use a plastic bowl for whipping cream.)
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a cold mixing bowl.
- On high speed, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- (Don't over whip or it will turn to butter. Seriously.)
- Gently fold in lemon curd (and lemon zest if using) until it is incorporated throughout.
- Use immediately in your favorite dessert.