Here’s a fast, easy and colorful protein-packed addition to breakfast or brunch: Triple Berry Vanilla Bean Yogurt Parfait w/Maple Syrup.
I was recently visiting a friend out of state and had an early morning flight back home. I was just going to grab a quick smoothie or yogurt at the airport. But I sniffed my way out to the kitchen, found the table set with a lovely breakfast. Some kind of heavenly blueberry sausage, I’m guessing from Whole Foods. Two fried eggs, sunny-side up. And gorgeous fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits in fancy glasses. So simple and elegant. The delicious parfaits made the breakfast! (And I made a mental note to share with you here.)
This Triple Berry Vanilla Bean Yogurt Parfait w/Maple Syrup is a year round treat. And there’s something so refreshing about fresh berries and fruit in winter! Reminds me of a wonderful children’s Christmas picture book at our house called An Orange for Frankie by Patricia Polacco. It’s an endearing true story about the Stowell family from Michigan, a family with nine children. The story takes place around the turn of the century. The Stowell family knows what true giving is all about, and it’s quite a poignant read. (Get your tissue box and check out my book review here.) The children are so excited about having one orange each for Christmas. Their Pa goes out in a snow storm, a three day horse and buggy drive all the way to Lansing just to get fresh fruit for the children.
So thankful to have fresh fruit year round these days!
Making a Triple Berry Vanilla Bean Yogurt Parfait w/Maple Syrup is so easy. Layer vanilla bean Greek yogurt, then fresh berries. Add another layer of Greek yogurt. Top with additional fresh berries. Drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Each Triple Berry Vanilla Bean Yogurt Parfait w/Maple Syrup has 1 cup of vanilla bean Greek yogurt with 17 grams of protein. A great breakfast or snack! So pretty and easy. Top with nuts or granola for a little crunch.
Triple Berry Vailla Bean Yogurt Parfait w/Maple Syrup
- 2 cups vanilla bean Greek yogurt
- 1 cup assorted berries I used raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Optional Garnish: nuts or granola
- Layer Greek yogurt and berries in 2 small bowls, wine glasses or jars.
- Start with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt.
- Layer with most of the fruit, saving a few pieces for garnish.
- Spoon remaining yogurt on top.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
- Drizzle each parfait with 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup.
- Optional Garnish: sprinkle with nuts or granola for crunch
You may also like: Slow Cooker Maple Vanilla Bean Yogurt