This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is my favorite coffee cake of all time. Perfect for weekend brunch or holiday breakfasts. Or just because. Easy to make, I’ll give you step by step instructions.
The taste and texture are out of this world delicious. Tender almond cake, cream cheese filling, raspberry preserves and toasted almond crumb topping.
This is a heavenly coffee cake, so add it to your bucket list to bake for the next special occasion.
This scrumptious recipe has been circulating in my extended family for as long as I can remember. Always a favorite at holidays and family get-togethers.
It’s not rocket science to make, but there are a few steps and I’ll guide you through a quick picture tutorial so this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake turns out perfectly for you too.
Cut butter into the flour and sugar with a pastry blender or two forks. Stop when pieces of butter are pea-sized.
Very important: reserve 1 cup of crumbs for the topping now.
Mix up the cake batter, then spread over the bottom and up the sides of a greased and floured 9 or 10″ springform pan. Separately, mix the cream cheese filling and pour evenly into the cake batter lined pan.
Spread raspberry preserves over the cream cheese filling.
With a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of the cake batter so it’s even with the filling.
Now the coffee cake is ready for the almond crumb topping.
Sprinkle on the almond crumb topping and it’s ready to bake!
Bake ’til the filling is set and the edges are golden. (The middle of the cake will fall slightly as it cools. That’s normal.)
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- reserved 1 cup crumb mixture
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 9 or 10" springform pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- IMPORTANT! Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract and one egg.
- Blend well.
- Spread batter on the bottom and up the sides of greased and floured springform pan, about 1/4" thick on the sides.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. (With no lumps.)
- Beat in sugar and one egg until well blended.
- Pour filling mixture into batter lined pan.
- Spoon raspberry preserves evenly on top of cream cheese filling.
- With a spatula, push down batter on sides of pan, until batter is even with filling.
- Combine 1 cup reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle evenly over unbaked coffee cake.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350°, or until filling sets and crust is a deep golden brown
- Cool 15 minutes, then remove sides of pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or cool.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
You may also like: Raspberry Peach Almond Shortbread