This Fudgy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie is a refreshing treat in summertime. It was Charlie’s 9th birthday last week and I always let the kids pick their favorite birthday cake or dessert. Charlie chose this Fudgy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie. I was thrilled, because I’ve been hankering to make an ice-cream pie. The temperature fluctuations are still pretty big around here. Last week it was sweltering, nearly 90 degrees on Charlie’s birthday, perfect for this delicious and easy to make ice-cream pie.
Charlie had some particular requests. He wanted two different ice cream layers, cookies and cream on the bottom and mint chocolate chip on the top. So we did that, easy enough, though my recipe below calls for mint chocolate chip ice cream only. Do what you like!
This Fudgy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie is all about layers. Chocolate graham cracker crust, ice-cream, Thin Mint cookies and fudge. So if you’re into layered ice-cream pies, this is the one for you!
Press chocolate graham cracker crumb mixture into pie plate and freeze.
Layer crust with ice cream, hot fudge sauce and Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. Yum!!!
Now add that second layer of ice-cream…you’re almost done. Top with remaining hot fudge sauce. We could stop here, but….
I absolutely can’t resist mounds of whipped cream sprinkled with crumbled cookies for a dramatic show stopper! This is a gorgeous and easy ice cream pie!
Fudgy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers 9 full size crackers
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 box Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies or other mint chocolate cookies
- Optional: Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Crush chocolate graham crackers in a heavy duty ziploc bag with rolling pin.
- Place crumbs into small mixing bowl.
- Stir in melted butter and sugar.
- Press chocolate crumb mixture evenly into pie plate and up the sides.
- Freeze until firm about 30 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of ice-cream into frozen chocolate graham cracker crust and press 'til flat.
- Warm fudge sauce in microwave according to jar directions.
- Spread 1/2 the jar of warm sauce over ice-cream and freeze pie 'til hard.
- Place mint chocolate Tag Along cookies in a single layer on top of the fudge sauce.
- Spoon remainder of ice-cream on top of the cookies.
- Freeze 'til hard.
- Warm remaining half jar of chocolate sauce and spread on top.
- Crumble one sleeve of Tag Along Cookies and sprinkle on top.
- Serve immediately or freeze until serving.
- Optional: Whipped Cream
- Whip 2 cups whipping cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon on top of ice-cream pie and sprinkle with crushed Tag Along cookies.
Happy Birthday dear Charlie!!!
You may also enjoy: Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies