Here’s a main dish recipe you’ll keep at the front of your recipe box: Sausage Pepper Pasta Toss. It’s a good one for a quick and easy, tasty weeknight dinner that everyone loves. (Kids too!) And only five ingredients. We often had this for dinner growing up, and I’ve been making it for my guys for years. If you you can boil water, you can make this simple Sausage Pepper Pasta Toss. I’ve tasted bland pasta dishes. This is not one of those. The sausage, peppers and parmesan cheese all insure a dish bursting with flavor.
Cook rotini pasta to al dente, according to box instructions. While that cooks, prepare the sausage, pepper and cheese sauce below.
Saute the sausage.
While the sausage cooks, dice the peppers.
Add peppers in with the sausage and cook for several minutes.
Add in half and half and grated parmesan cheese to sausage pepper mixture. Cook for several minutes, melting the parmesan and to thicken the sauce.
Toss with the steaming pasta rotini, and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese. You’re done! Add a salad or green veggie and you have a nutritious, satisfying hot meal for fall and winter. Your family will thank you!
Sausage Pepper Pasta Toss
- 8 ounces pasta rotini cooked and drained
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup half and half or milk, for a lighter version
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- 1 pound sweet italian sausage
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the sausage mixture.
- Cook sausage in a large frying pan, 'til sausage is cooked through.
- Drain all visible fat.
- Add in diced peppers and cook several minutes.
- Add in half and half and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for several more minutes to allow cheese to melt and thicken the sauce.
- Combine hot sausage pepper mixture with hot cooked and drained rotini.
- Serve with extra parmesan grated on top.