Better just dust off your super hero cape now, ‘cuz you’re gonna need it big time.
These pops are just so incredibly yummy!
It was Charlie’s 9th birthday last week. He’s a big fan of the mint chocolate combo. (Must take after his mother.)
He’d already requested my Fudgy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie as his birthday cake. But I really wanted to send in something special for him to take to school too. He has a big class, nearly thirty kids. I racked my brain for an easy treat to pull together, something he’d love. And these Grasshopper Oreo Cookie Pops “popped” into my mind.
I’ve made time consuming school birthday treats in the past. Not so with these fun Grasshopper Oreo Cookie Pops. I had thirty individually wrapped festive birthday treats in a little over an hour, packaged and ready to go. Didn’t even turn my oven on. Psyche!
I happened to go into school for a meeting on Charlie’s birthday and these Grasshopper Oreo Cookie Pops were all the chatter at school with the kids and teachers alike. Made me so happy to send in a hit, especially since it made my birthday boy happy. And it was so easy!!!
Rip open that bag of Mint Creme Oreos. Push the pop sticks in, then dip in melted chocolate. Let dry. Presto! You done!!!
These pops are just right for anytime you need an individually wrapped and easy to transport treat. How ’bout the bake sale? Perfect for end of school year classroom parties. They’re also a quick and easy hands on project to do with kids for youth group, VBS, camp and scouts groups. Also a fun grandparent activity with the grands.
I feel slightly disingenuous even calling this a recipe. But when you’re in a jam and need something quick and tasty for a fun school treat or party favor like I did, this one fits the bill. (You’ll be glad to have this in your back pocket.)
Grasshopper Oreo Cookie Pops
- 1 - 12 ounce bag chocolate flavored candy wafers buy at craft store like A.C. Moore
- 24 Mint Creme Oreo Cookies
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 24 small treat bags for individually packaging pops
- Melt candy wafers in microwave or on stove top according to package directions.
- Insert one lollipop stick horizontally through each Grasshopper Oreo.
- Using a spoon, dredge each oreo in melted chocolate.
- Wipe off excess melted chocolate with spoon.
- Lay on wax paper or parchment paper to dry.
- When completely dry, place in small treat bag and tie with a festive ribbon.
Grasshopper Cookie Oreo Pops also make wonderful cookie bouquets for special birthdays and teachers!