Lemon Whipped Cream Filled Easy Cream Puffs are light, airy and look spectacular but are oh so easy to make. There are only five ingredients in the pastry puffs and just three in the filling! This recipe uses real ingredients: butter, eggs and whipping cream.
Just when we thought spring might have finally sprung in New Hampshire, we’re back to the freezing temps here. Yesterday we had white stuff falling from the sky to the tune of two feet!!! And now I’m back to shivering and living in my sheepskin boots. Winter won’t last forever, thank goodness. I’m already dreaming of planting my herb garden and fresh tomatoes. Can’t wait!
These Lemon Whipped Cream Filled Easy Cream Puffs are the perfect spring and summer dessert and make a beautiful presentation for baby and wedding showers. I recently shared the recipe for Lemon Cream made with lemon curd and fresh whipped cream, and that’s the delicious filling in these cream puffs.
If the cream puff pastry intimidates you, please keep reading. Seriously, it’s not hard at! (Would I lie to you?) There are only five ingredients in the cream puff shells.
Just boil butter and water together on the stovetop, then stir in the flour and salt. Then add the eggs, one at a time. That’s it!
With a cookie scoop, drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden – like this. Aren’t they gorgeous?
Split the hot pastry shells in half, and scoop out any remaining soft dough inside. Cool on a wire rack. (They crisp up as they cool.)
There are just three ingredients in the lemon cream filling: whipping cream, lemon curd and lemon zest. Whip the whipping cream ’til soft peaks form, then gently fold in the lemon curd and zest.
Use store bought lemon curd or my favorite recipe here. It couldn’t be simpler.
Fill your golden cream puffs with this delicious lemon curd whipped cream filling and grab one while you can! These Lemon Whipped Cream Filled Easy Cream Puffs disappear fast.
Dreamy Lemon Filled Cream Puffs are light and airy. Perfect fare for spring brunches and baby or wedding showers.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd, store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Optional: powdered sugar to dust cream puffs
- In medium mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir in lemon curd and lemon zest.
- Set aside lemon cream and chill in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil together the water and butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup flour until ball forms.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing throughly by hand after each.
- (I use a wooden spoon or my King Arthur bread dough whisk.)
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 3" apart, onto a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Split cream puffs apart (I used a fork) while hot and remove any soft dough that may be inside.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill pastry puffs with lemon cream filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
You may also like: Boston Cream Eclair Cake