Who wouldn’t love fabulous Bakery Style Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies? These scrumptious cookies are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and chock full of all the goodies: dark chocolate chips, baking cocoa, butter and pecans.
This recipe also uses a mixture of half King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour and half all-purpose flour. (Thankfully I can buy the white whole wheat flour at my local grocery store.)
I’m so happy spring weather is finally arriving in New England. With spring comes flowers, music recitals, graduations, picnics, car washes and bake sales around here. I really do enjoy making cookies for the bake sales at school and the local community music school where the kids take instrument lessons.
It’s just a little thing, but it’s fun sending along these bakery-style cookies that are popular and always go like hot cakes. These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are a winner with chocolate lovers of all ages. In fact, my oldest just headed south this morning for a few days with some high school buddies on a college visit. I sent a tin of these cookies along!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely irresistible: gigantic chocolate cookies studded with dark chocolate chips and broken pecans. Divine fresh from the oven with a glass of ice cold milk. An extra special treat, you’d expect to find these cookies under glass at the local bakery, but you can easily bake them at home. They’re great packed in lunch boxes and picnic baskets and are so simple to make.
Combine flours and baking soda and set aside. Cream butter, then add vanilla and sugars. Beat in the eggs, then add the cocoa, then milk. Stir in the dry ingredients, then the nuts and chocolate chips. Then bake them in the oven! That’s it!
*This delicious recipe is adapted from the cookbook The Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie by Gwen Steege.
Bakery Style Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or substitute all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups softened butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa sifted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flours and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, use electric hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the butter at high speed.
- Add pure vanilla extract and both sugars.
- Beat until fluffy, then beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the cocoa at low speed, then add the milk.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop by 3 tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 3 " apart.
- (I fit 6 cookies on each cookie sheet.)
- Press down each dough ball with the bottom of a greased drinking glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10 - 12 minutes until center no longer looks doughy.
- Allow to cool on baking pan for several minutes, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
You may also like: Easy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies