Do you have a go-to main dish pasta recipe for spring and summer? I do, and it’s this Chicken Artichoke Pasta Salad with sun-dried tomatoes. I bring it to potlucks, picnics, and outdoor concerts. Also at home, perfect for a summer patio meal or ladies’ luncheon. This recipe feeds a crowd! So easy to transport, and no grill needed.
Everyone seems to love this pasta salad. The artichokes and sun dried tomatoes dress it up a little. If you’re not a mayo fan, substitute Greek style yogurt. A little different flavor, but also excellent! Or substitute slivered roasted red peppers in place of sun dried tomatoes. If you’re pressed for time, buy a rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken.
I’ve had bland pasta salads and scout’s honor, this Chicken Artichoke Pasta Salad is not one of those. (I wouldn’t do that to you. Ha.)
Here’s one of the secrets to the bold taste of this pasta salad: the cooked pasta and shredded chicken marinate in Italian salad dressing.
Add the remaining ingredients later along with the easy lemon pepper dressing. And that’s the other secret to the bold flavor of this pasta salad: lemon pepper dressing. This second dressing gives a real flavor pop, you’ll be handing out this recipe left and right. (Just send ’em here!)
Chicken Artichoke Pasta Salad
- 6 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 16 ounces bowtie pasta cooked and cooled
- 16 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 2 - 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 - 16 ounce can black pitted olives drained and sliced
- 8 ounce jar sun dried tomatoes drained and cut in strips
- 1 cup regular or light mayonnaise I use Hellman's Light
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Marinate cooked shredded chicken and pasta bowties for eight hours or overnight in Italian salad dressing.
- Gently stir in artichoke hearts, olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Separately in small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, yellow mustard and fresh ground pepper.
- Gently incorporate lemon pepper dressing into the pasta salad.
- Refrigerate 'til serving or serve immediately.
Substitute roasted red peppers for sun dried tomatoes.
Chicken Artichoke Pasta Salad with Sun-dried Tomatoes