It’s time to think about brunch, maybe even Christmas brunch! This Cheesy Artichoke Oven Omelet is worthy of Christmas brunch. It starts with a layer of your favorite salsa. Sprinkle with chopped artichokes and three kinds of cheese. Oh right, the eggs. Pour the eggs over all, then top with festive tomato rounds. This Cheesy Artichoke Oven Omelet tastes delicious and might become a staple in your house too. Add sausage, coffee cake and fresh fruit to the menu. You’ll have a beautiful, tasty brunch to spoil your friends and family.
(This recipe is adapted from The Hearthstone Inn and Cottages Zippy Cheese Artichoke Oven Omelet.)
Spread the bottom of the baking dish with your favorite salsa, homemade or store bought.
I doubled the recipe and baked in a 9 X 13″ pan. Be sure to bake the single recipe below in a 10- inch quiche dish.
Cheesy Artichoke Oven Omelet
- 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/4 cup 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream regular or light
- thinly sliced tomato rounds three roma tomatoes should be enough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or grease a 10 inch quiche dish.
- Spread the salsa on the bottom.
- Distribute the chopped artichokes evenly over the salsa.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the artichokes.
- Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- Blend the eggs in a blender 'til smooth.
- Add the sour cream to the eggs and blend until mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheeses.
- Float sliced tomato rounds on top of all, covering the whole surface.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve garnished with parsley or basil.