Bakery Style Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gigantic 3" crunchy chocolate chocolate chip cookies worthy of the bake sale!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or substitute all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups softened butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa sifted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°.
Mix flours and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
In large mixing bowl, use electric hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the butter at high speed.
Add pure vanilla extract and both sugars.
Beat until fluffy, then beat in the eggs.
Beat in the cocoa at low speed, then add the milk.
By hand, stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips until combined.
Drop by 3 tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 3 " apart.
(I fit 6 cookies on each cookie sheet.)
Press down each dough ball with the bottom of a greased drinking glass.
Bake at 350° for 10 - 12 minutes until center no longer looks doughy.
Allow to cool on baking pan for several minutes, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.