Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Angel Food Cake
Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Angel Food Cake: angel food cake layered with lemon curd, lemon cream, and fresh strawberries for a light and airy dessert.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 angel food cake homemade or purchased
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups lemon curd divided (homemade or purchased)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries sliced
- Optional: lemon zest for garnish
In metal mixing bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Gently stir in 1 cup lemon curd.
Slice angel food cake horizontally, into three even rounds.
Spread 1/2 cup lemon curd, then 1/3 lemon cream mixture on two bottom cake layers only.
Add a layer of fresh sliced strawberries on top of lemon cream.
Stack layers on top of each other, ending with cake top.
Dollop remaining 1/2 of lemon cream mixture on top.
Garnish with lemon zest and sliced strawberries.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.