Roasted Veggie Mediterranean Tortellini
Fresh pasta salad. Roasted eggplant, red pepper, tortellini, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, basil, zucchini.
- 3 cups diced eggplant 1/2"
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini 1/2"
- 1 cup diced red pepper 1/2"
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small clove fresh garlic minced fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 -12 ounces fresh cheese tortellini cooked according to package instructions (I used Buitoni)
- handful of fresh basil roughly chopped
- additional salt pepper, olive oil to taste
- Optional: 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and quartered
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook tortellini according to package directions.
Drain and set aside.
Toss all prepared vegetables in serving bowl with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Spread vegetables on parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove vegetables from oven and let cool slightly.
In a large serving bowl toss roasted vegetables with tortellini.
Add in basil, minced garlic and Kalamata olives if you're using them
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle with additional olive oil if needed.
Serve warm, refrigerate leftovers.